ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to inform and advise the members of the bar on current developments in federal taxation and their ramifications;
- to review and comment on federal tax laws, regulations, court decisions, and Internal Revenue Service pronouncements and practices; and
- to monitor improvement and understanding of the federal tax system through proposals of, and changes in, tax laws and regulations, and through writing, testimony, conferences, and seminars.
- Chair’s Column
- Section 199A Rental Income Safe Harbor: Proceed With Caution
- A Man Without a Country (Almost)
- FAQs: TCJA Changes to the Deductibility of Meals, Entertainment, and Fringe Benefits
- Cyber Security for Tax Professionals
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilIncome Tax | U.S. Tax Court
Jacobsen v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, No. 18-3371 (February 13, 2020) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Federal Taxation discussion group is available to section members via the Federal Taxation community in ISBA Central
- The Federal Taxation Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.