- to inform and advise the members of the bar on current developments in federal taxation and their ramifications;
- to review and comment on federal tax laws, regulations, court decisions, and Internal Revenue Service pronouncements and practices; and
- to monitor improvement and understanding of the federal tax system through proposals of, and changes in, tax laws and regulations, and through writing, testimony, conferences, and seminars.
Current Newsletter — November 2016
- Letter from the editor
- Proposed IRS regulations may eliminate long-standing discounts for family-owned businesses
- Could a departing shareholder’s continuation with the company as an employee or a consultant be treated as a “retained interest” under Section 2036 or 2701 of the tax code?
Recent Related Cases
7th CircuitIncome Tax
Tilden v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue
Eriem Surgical, Inc. v. U.S.
Adolphson v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue
2017 Federal Tax Conference
February 3, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- Federal Taxation Section Directory
- The Federal Taxation discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.