General Practice, Solo, and Small Firm
- to promote professional excellence among those engaged in the general practice of law through education relating to substantive legal practice areas; and
- by providing opportunities for the exchange of information particularly pertinent to the needs of solo and small firm practitioners.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Chair’s column: Early 2017—Time to reflect, adjust and balance your life
- Editor’s column: The computer boogeymen are out there! Make sure you have good antivirus and malware software, use secure passwords and backup, backup, and backup!
- Tradition of Excellence Award
- A primer on trial preparation
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Mental Health Code
In re Amanda H.
Forcible Entry & Detainer
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. McCondichie
Kopnick v. JL Woode Management Company, LLC
Ervin v. Alsberry
Unemployment Insurance Contribution
Perry & Associates, LLC v. The Illinois Department of Employment Security
4th Annual Elder Law Bootcamp: Basics and Beyond
April 27–28, 2017 – Chicago
Transgender Students: Law and Practice
May 24, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- The General Practice, Solo and Small Firm discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.