- to inform all lawyers interested in the field of insurance law of the current and significant developments in that area;
- to review, monitor and suggest proposed legislation which might impact insurance;
- to increase the professional capabilities of lawyers who deal with insurance or questions affected by insurance or which insurance affects through continuing legal education programs; and
- to provide a forum for all entities interested in insurance to work for the refinement and improvement of our insurance laws.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- From the Editor
- Plan administrators are obligated to inform claimants of plan-imposed limits for judicial review in denial of claim notices
- Words and phrases index of cases
- Case names and holdings
- Case summaries
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Indianapolis Airport Authority v. Travelers Property Casualty Co. of America
M.G. Skinner and Associates Insurance Agency, Inc. v. Norman-Spencer Agency, Inc.
Frye v. Auto-Owners Ins. Co.
Selective Ins. Co. of South Carolina v. Target Corp.
Prather v. Sun Life and Health Ins. Co.
Take the Great Illinois Insurance Law Quiz
Tools and Resources
- Insurance Law Section Directory
- The Insurance Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Twelve-Year Index to The Policy (1999-2010)
- Useful links