- to inform all lawyers interested in the field of insurance law of the current and significant developments in that area;
- to review, monitor and suggest proposed legislation which might impact insurance;
- to increase the professional capabilities of lawyers who deal with insurance or questions affected by insurance or which insurance affects through continuing legal education programs; and
- to provide a forum for all entities interested in insurance to work for the refinement and improvement of our insurance laws.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- From the Editor
- Plan administrators are obligated to inform claimants of plan-imposed limits for judicial review in denial of claim notices
- Words and phrases index of cases
- Case names and holdings
- Case summaries
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Stonegate Insurance Co. v. Hongsermeier
Madison Mutual Ins. Co. v. Diamond State Ins. Co.
Telamon Corp. v. Charter Oak Fire Ins. Co.
Allied Property & Casualty Ins. Co. v. Metro North Condominium Association
Indianapolis Airport Authority v. Travelers Property Casualty Co. of America
M.G. Skinner and Associates Insurance Agency, Inc. v. Norman-Spencer Agency, Inc.
Take the Great Illinois Insurance Law Quiz
Tools and Resources
- Insurance Law Section Directory
- The Insurance Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Twelve-Year Index to The Policy (1999-2010)
- Useful links