ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote time to the practice of the law relating to units of local government;
- to disseminate information and comment on legislative and judicial developments and their impact on units of local government; to make recommendations on legislation; and
- to develop and communicate ideas to improve the functioning of units of local government.
- The Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act: The legal sale and use of cannabis for recreational purposes in the state of Illinois
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilMunicipalities | 5th Dist.
City of Centralia v. Garland, 2019 IL App (5th) 180439 (August 9, 2019) Marion Co. (MOORE) Affirmed.
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilDue Process | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Knutson v. Village of Lakemoor, No. 18-3729 (August 1, 2019) Affirmed
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilUtilities | 1st Dist.
Green v. Village of Winnetka, 2019 IL App (1st) 182153 (July 26, 2019) Cook Co., 6th Div, (HARRIS) Affirmed.
Tools and Resources
- Local Government Law discussion group is available to section members via the Local Government Law community in ISBA Central
- The Local Government Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links