The mission of the Senior Lawyer Section is to provide service to and to create opportunities for service by ISBA members who are age fifty-five (55) and up, or those members who have practiced for at least twenty-five (25) years.
Help us serve you better. Please take a moment to fill out our brief survey so that we can learn what you like, need, want and are willing to do to make the ISBA better.
Life is exciting and fulfilling after the practice of law
- From the Chair
- Law Firm Succession and Exit Strategies: Implementation of the Strategies and Plans
- A Fun and Sometimes Challenging App
- Is Africa on Your Bucket List?
- Another Successful Computer Class for Senior Lawyers
- Book Review: ‘The Chief Justices: The Seventeen Men and the Center Seat, Their Courts, and Their Times’ by Daniel A Cotter
- Why I Fish
- LSAT or GRE: Which Exam Should a Law School Applicant Take?
- Proposed Change to Illinois Statute of Repose for Attorney Malpractice
- New Elder/Adult Abuse Fatality Review Team Resources Available
Tools and Resources
- Senior Lawyers discussion group is available to section members via the Senior Lawyers community in ISBA Central
- The Senior Lawyers Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Practice HQ - Wind Down: Checklists, Videos, Articles and other resources for winding down a practice.