Trusts and Estates
- to be responsible for activities relating to the education of probate, estate planning and trust law practitioners;
- to promote and work for the development, modernization and improvement of legislation relating to the estate planning, probate and trust areas of the law; and
- to review relevant matters and issues, and to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving the public, the courts, and attorneys insofar as the areas of concern of the section are involved.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- IRS inflation adjustments for 2017
- Double deduction for prepaid farm expenses
- Proposed 2704 changes meet stiff resistance at IRS hearing
- A summary of the Trusts & Estates Section’s October, 2016 business meeting
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
In re the Estate of Weidner
ISBA Lawyer Education Videos
Estate Planning Hot Topics
- ILITs - David M. Lutrey
- Same Sex Couples – Raymond W. Prather
Tools and Resources
- Trusts and Estates Section Directory
- The Trusts and Estates discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.