ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to be responsible for activities relating to the education of probate, estate planning and trust law practitioners;
- to promote and work for the development, modernization and improvement of legislation relating to the estate planning, probate and trust areas of the law; and
- to review relevant matters and issues, and to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving the public, the courts, and attorneys insofar as the areas of concern of the section are involved.
- A Response to ‘It’s None of Your Business … Or Is it?’
- Cook County Probate Division’s Virtual Hearing Process
- Illinois Attorney General Has Ramped Up Illinois Estate Tax Audits
- At the Intersection of Trust Administration and Real Estate: Sibling Rivalry and the Family Home
- Flinn Report Summary – February 14, 2020 through April 24, 2020
- A Summary of the Trusts & Estates Section Council’s July 10, 2020, Business Meeting
- Spotlight on Trusts & Estates Section Council Members: Colleen L. Sahlas & Jennifer Bunker Skerston
- The Merging of Estate Planning and Elder Law
Recent Related Cases
ISBA Lawyer Education Videos
Estate Planning Hot Topics
- ILITs - David M. Lutrey
- Same Sex Couples – Raymond W. Prather
Tools and Resources
- Trusts and Estates discussion group is available to section members via the Trusts and Estates community in ISBA Central
- The Trusts and Estates Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.