Trusts and Estates
- to be responsible for activities relating to the education of probate, estate planning and trust law practitioners;
- to promote and work for the development, modernization and improvement of legislation relating to the estate planning, probate and trust areas of the law; and
- to review relevant matters and issues, and to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving the public, the courts, and attorneys insofar as the areas of concern of the section are involved.
Current Newsletter — April 2017
- Property powers of attorney are needlessly dangerous
- Flinn Report Summary – January 6, 2017 through February 3, 2017
- Case law update
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
In re Estate of Tait
In re Estate of Cargola
ISBA Lawyer Education Videos
Estate Planning Hot Topics
- ILITs - David M. Lutrey
- Same Sex Couples – Raymond W. Prather
Tools and Resources
- The Trusts and Estates discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.