ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to be responsible for activities relating to the education of probate, estate planning and trust law practitioners;
- to promote and work for the development, modernization and improvement of legislation relating to the estate planning, probate and trust areas of the law; and
- to review relevant matters and issues, and to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving the public, the courts, and attorneys insofar as the areas of concern of the section are involved.
- Settling Wrongful Death and Survival Claims In (and Out of) Probate Court
- Stealing Houses?
- Lost Trust Agreement
- Illinois Senior Citizens Homestead Exemption Application Procedures—Updated
- Three Illinois Property Tax Homestead Exemptions Automatically Renewed
- DuPage County Attorney Security Pass (Court I.D.) Renewal for the 18th Judicial Circuit Court
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds Office Is Obsolete, Now ‘The Recording Division’ of the Cook County Clerk’s Office
- Spotlight on Trusts & Estates Section Council Members: Oana Militaru & Marcos Resendiz
Recent Related Cases
ISBA Lawyer Education Videos
Estate Planning Hot Topics
- ILITs - David M. Lutrey
- Same Sex Couples – Raymond W. Prather
Tools and Resources
- Trusts and Estates discussion group is available to section members via the Trusts and Estates community in ISBA Central
- The Trusts and Estates Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.