ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to be responsible for activities relating to the education of probate, estate planning and trust law practitioners;
- to promote and work for the development, modernization and improvement of legislation relating to the estate planning, probate and trust areas of the law; and
- to review relevant matters and issues, and to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving the public, the courts, and attorneys insofar as the areas of concern of the section are involved.
- Notice and the Duty to Inform Under the New Illinois Trust Code
- Estate Planning for the Critically Ill: A Case Study With Practice Tips
- Back to Basics: An Estate Planner’s Guide to Self-Reflection and Review of Best Practices When Advising Clients on Naming an Appropriate Fiduciary
- New Federal Guidance Extends Many Employee Benefit-Related Deadlines and Provides Additional Relief for Plan Administrators
- A Summary of the Trusts & Estates Section Council’s April 3, 2020, Business Meeting
- Spotlight on Trusts & Estates Section Council Members: Zisl Edelson & Philip E. Koenig
Recent Related Cases
ISBA Lawyer Education Videos
Estate Planning Hot Topics
- ILITs - David M. Lutrey
- Same Sex Couples – Raymond W. Prather
Tools and Resources
- Trusts and Estates discussion group is available to section members via the Trusts and Estates community in ISBA Central
- The Trusts and Estates Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.