ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to be responsible for activities relating to the education of probate, estate planning and trust law practitioners;
- to promote and work for the development, modernization and improvement of legislation relating to the estate planning, probate and trust areas of the law; and
- to review relevant matters and issues, and to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving the public, the courts, and attorneys insofar as the areas of concern of the section are involved.
- Practice Pointers in the Midst of COVID-19 and Governor Pritzker’s Stay-at-Home Order
- How Limited Is Limited Liability?
- The SECURE Act – Congress Just Moved the Goalposts
- COVID-19: Implications on Illinois Contract Law and the Doctrine of Commercial Frustration
- A Summary of the Trusts & Estates Section Council’s February 27, 2020, Business Meeting
- Spotlight on Trusts & Estates Section Council Members: James M. Lestikow and Mia O. Hernandez
Recent Related Cases
ISBA Lawyer Education Videos
Estate Planning Hot Topics
- ILITs - David M. Lutrey
- Same Sex Couples – Raymond W. Prather
Tools and Resources
- Trusts and Estates discussion group is available to section members via the Trusts and Estates community in ISBA Central
- The Trusts and Estates Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.