ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
- Editor’s Comments
- Appellate Jurisdictional Issues Involving Non-Final/Interlocutory Orders: What Are They and How Can We Avoid Them?
- Lessons Learned
- Seeing Double: The Inextricably Intertwined Case(s) of Mr. Centeno a/k/a Mr. Morales
- A Fall Is a Fall, But Is It Compensable?
- Justin O’Neil v. IWCC, or Hollywood Casino Redux
- The Mere Word of Petitioner Is Not Always Sufficient Proof of an Accident
- Examining the Manifest Weight Standard on Appeal: Air Wisconsin v. IWCC – 2018 L 50342
- Bad Dates: Inconsistent Date of Injury Reporting Leads to Denial of Benefits
- 19 Ways to Manage Stress and Avoid Conflict While Staying Indoors
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the Workers' Compensation Law community in ISBA Central
- The Workers' Compensation Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links