ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
- Editor’s Comments
- Circuit Court Stay of IWCC Proceedings Based on Primary Jurisdiction May Not Be Appropriate
- Employee Unsuccessful in Proving Retaliatory Discharge for Exercising His Rights Under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act
- Multiple Accidents and Section 5(b): What Does the Employer Have to Prove to Recover?
- Appeal Bond Required by Section 19(f)(2) of the Act Is Subject to the 20-Day Time Requirement That Governs the Process for Appealing a Workers’ Compensation Case to the Circuit Court
- Is an Award of PPD to Be Paid in a Lump Sum or as It Accrues?
- Traveling to and From Employer’s Premises in the Context of Slip and Fall Injuries
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilWorkers' Compensation | 2d Dist.
O'Neil v. Illinois Workers' Compensation Comm'n, 2020 IL App (2d) 190427WC (February 4, 2020) Lake Co. (HUDSON) Affirmed and remanded.
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the Workers' Compensation Law community in ISBA Central
- The Workers' Compensation Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links