ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
- Editor’s Notes
- Strict Compliance Is Alive and Well With Regard to Timely Filing of Petition for Judicial Review and Notice of Intent to File for Review
- A Tale of Two Cases and Stolen Identity
- When a Final Settlement Is Not the End of the Story: What Authority Does the Commission Have to Enforce the Provisions of an Approved Settlement Contract?
- Claimant Is Unable to Prove That Employer Knowingly Failed to Provide Workers’ Compensation Coverage on Accident Date
- Does the Borrowing Employer Always Receive the Benefits of the WCA
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the Workers' Compensation Law community in ISBA Central
- The Workers' Compensation Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links