ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
- Editor’s Notes
- Appellate Court Affirms Reasoning by Commission That Numerous Doctors With Multiple Medical Opinions Does Not Meet Burden of Proof Required to Compel Payment of Benefits
- A Contractual Obligation to Pay Workers’ Compensation Benefits Allows a General Contractor to Exercise the Exclusive Remedy Provision
- The Manifest Weight Standard on Review: American Coal v. IWCC
- Where a Claimant Who Was the Owner of a Subcontractor Company Excludes Himself From Company’s Workers’ Compensation Coverage, Appellate Court Finds He Is an Employee of the General Contractor and Is Covered Under the Act
- A Refresher Course in Repetitive Trauma Cases
- Can a Treating Physician Opine That a Claimant Could Not Be Competitively Employed?
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the Workers' Compensation Law community in ISBA Central
- The Workers' Compensation Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links