Workers' Compensation Law
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Editor’s notes
- The interplay, if any, between a wage differential award and a total permanent award
- Moran v. IWCC: The flood gates of mental-mental claims did not just break open, but the water is clearer
- Appellate court does not extend traveling employee doctrine to police officer commuting to mandatory training
- Attorney fee-share agreements and Rule 1.5(e) of the Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct
- Appellate court warns practitioners to comply with Supreme Court Rule 341(h)(3) or have their brief stricken
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Country Preferred Insurance Company v. Groen
Salisbury v. Illinois Workers' Compensation Comm'n
Workers’ Compensation Act
Foster v. Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Morales v. Herrera
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law Section Directory
- The Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links