ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
- Editor’s Comments
- Further Clarification on the Law of the Case Doctrine: Jeffrey Grote v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Loaned/Borrowed Employee and the Exclusive Remedy
- The Appellate Court Is Not Afraid to Reverse the IWCC Based Upon Manifest Weight of the Evidence
- If the Decedent Is Paid Cash and His Biological Child Is Adopted After Dis Death, Was He an Employee and Is That Child Entitled to the Death Benefit?
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilWorkers' Compensation | 1st Dist.
Matros v. Commonwealth Edison Co., 2019 IL App (1st) 180907 (July 31, 2019) Cook Co., 3d Div. (FITZGERALD SMITH) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilWorker's Compensation Act | 1st Dist.
Ravenswood Disposal Services v. Illinois Workers’ Compensation Comm’n, 2019 IL App (1st) 181449WC (June 28, 2019) Cook Co., WC Div. (HOFFMAN) Affirmed.
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the Workers' Compensation Law community in ISBA Central
- The Workers' Compensation Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links