ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote improvement in the workers' compensation system and the administration of justice under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act and Illinois Occupational Disease Act;
- to enhance the professional capabilities of lawyers who practice before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission by disseminating information relevant to the practice;
- making recommendations on proposed legislation;
- conducting conferences and seminars on topics important to section members; and
- promoting communications between the bar and all personnel of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission.
- Editor’s Comments
- How to Determine Whether an Injury Arises Out of Employment: McAllister v. IWCC, 2019 IL App (1st) 16274WC
- Rule 23 Decision Affirms Commission’s Insight, Denying Boilermaker’s Incredible, Uncorroborated Claim Involving 10-Ton Channel Head Installation at Refinery
- ‘Estate of Petitioner’ is Not a Proper Party in a Workers’ Compensation Proceeding
- Filing Deadlines and Subject Matter Jurisdiction—How 19(f)(1) Plays It’s Role
Tools and Resources
- Workers' Compensation Law discussion group is available to section members via the Workers' Compensation Law community in ISBA Central
- The Workers' Compensation Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links