Website offers resources for specific types of Pro Bono attorneys
By Lisa Colpoys For members of the Illinois legal profession, pro bono practice support resources are as easy as a click away, at www.IllinoisProBono.org. That website, which is hosted by Illinois Legal Aid Online, now offers web pages with resources targeted at specific types of pro bono practitioners, including senior attorneys, federal government attorneys, corporate counsel, paralegals, and law students. Each homepage is customized for the target audience, and features video interviews with pro bono volunteers and articles specific to doing pro bono work. These homepages may be accessed via the internet at:
- Preparation of several types of interactive legal documents;
- Legal resources in 24 areas of law, including those legal areas that are particularly relevant to lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents;
- Live and archived video training presentations and CLE;
- Legal news and statewide community calendar, and;
- A search tool for volunteer opportunities.