Civil Practice and Procedure
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote time to the practice of civil law in all its substantive branches;
- to disseminate current information such as proposed legislation and case law and to explain ramifications of these changes on civil practice;
- to promote improvement in the civil law system and to study other pertinent areas of reform.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Upholding the ban on common law marriage in Illinois
- Conflicts of interest and the duty of the insurance company to defend
- Recent case concerning contempt
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Supreme Court
The Carle Foundation v. Cunningham Township
Illinois Appellate Court
Court of Claims
Krozel v. The Illinois Court of Claims
Pine Top Receivables of Illinois, LLC v. Transfercom, Ltd.
Topinka v. Kimme
The County of Boone v. Plote Construction, Inc.
Shushunov v. Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation
Civil Practice and Procedure: Trial Practice 2017
May 12, 2017 – Chicago – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- The Civil Practice discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program