ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote time to the practice of civil law in all its substantive branches;
- to disseminate current information such as proposed legislation and case law and to explain ramifications of these changes on civil practice;
- to promote improvement in the civil law system and to study other pertinent areas of reform.
- Sole Proximate Cause(s)
- The Basics of Preparing for E-Discovery
- Letter to the Editor Re: Rules of Professional Conduct
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilDiscovery | 5th Dist.
Custer v. Cerro Flow Products, Inc., 2019 IL App (5th) 190285 (September 9, 2019) St. Clair Co. (CATES) Vacated and remanded with instructions.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilFOIA | 1st Dist.
NBC Subsidiary (WMAQ-TV) LLC v. Chicago Police Department, 2019 IL App (1st) 181426 (September 5, 2019) Cook Co., 4th Div, (LAMPKIN) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilSettlements | 1st Dist.
Tielke v. Auto Owners Insurance Co., 2019 IL App (1st) 181756 (August 16, 2019) Cook Co.,5th Div. (ROCHFORD) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilFalse Claims Act | 5th Dist.
State ex rel. Phillip E. Edmondson v. Board of Trustees of Illinois Eastern Community Colleges, 2019 IL App (5th) 180333 (August 14, 2019) St. Clair Co. (CHAPMAN) Affirmed; certified question answered.
Tools and Resources
- Civil Practice and Procedure discussion group is available to section members via the Civil Practice and Procedure community in ISBA Central
- The Civil Practice and Procedure Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program