Civil Practice and Procedure
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote time to the practice of civil law in all its substantive branches;
- to disseminate current information such as proposed legislation and case law and to explain ramifications of these changes on civil practice;
- to promote improvement in the civil law system and to study other pertinent areas of reform.
Current Newsletter — February 2017
- Enforcing a federal judgment in Illinois
- Social media as evidence?
- Pleadings under the Probate Code: A simple design
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Loncarevic and Associates, Inc. v. Stanley Foam Corporation
Kupper v. Powers
Oruta v. B.E.W.
Tools and Resources
- Civil Practice and Procedure Section Directory
- The Civil Practice discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program