Civil Practice and Procedure
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote time to the practice of civil law in all its substantive branches;
- to disseminate current information such as proposed legislation and case law and to explain ramifications of these changes on civil practice;
- to promote improvement in the civil law system and to study other pertinent areas of reform.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Yarbrough v. Northwestern Memorial Hospital: Expansion of apparent agency principles or a new application of existing law?
- Uncertainties when only principals are sued for the acts of agents
- The question of possession, custody, or control in production
- How to draft a contempt order
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Oruta v. B.E.W.
Stiffle v. Marz
Wing v. Chicago Transit Authority
Motions to Dismiss
Vantage Hospitality Group, Inc. v. Q Ill Development
Huon v. Denton
Tools and Resources
- Civil Practice and Procedure Section Directory
- The Civil Practice discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program