ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote time to the practice of civil law in all its substantive branches;
- to disseminate current information such as proposed legislation and case law and to explain ramifications of these changes on civil practice;
- to promote improvement in the civil law system and to study other pertinent areas of reform.
- Back to Basics: Accuracy of Proposed Demonstration and Proper Foundation for Permanency Opinions by Plaintiff’s Expert are Prerequisites to Admissibility
- No Notice, No Appeal: The Importance of Preserving Issues for Appeal
- A Flaming Flannel Shirt Gets Extinguished by Illinois Premises Liability Precedent
- Discovery Sanctions and the Importance of Thorough Preparation of Written Discovery Responses
- Plaintiff Lacks Capacity to Sue: Is the Judgment Void?: Askew Insurance Group, LLC v. AZM Group, Inc., 2020 IL App (1st) 190179
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Civil Practice and Procedure discussion group is available to section members via the Civil Practice and Procedure community in ISBA Central
- The Civil Practice and Procedure Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program