ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to monitor developments in legal fields that have particular application to all forms of business, charitable and professional entities, including the related fields of securities and commodities law; and
- to inform the membership through appropriate means;
- to review and research applicable laws and propose needed changes;
- to review and comment on proposed legislation and regulations in these fields;
- to assist in the improvement of legal practices in these areas; and
- to contribute to the improvement of the legal climate in Illinois for business, charitable and professional entities.
- Northern District of Illinois Casts Doubt on Validity of Disclosure-Only Settlements in M&A Suits
- Federal Taxation of Long-Term Care Insurance
- Insider Trading Update
- Stock and Similar Plans
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilRICO | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Menzies v. Seyfarth Shaw LLP, No. 18-3232 (November 12, 2019) Affirmed and reversed in part and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilDealership | E.D. Wisc.
PMT Machinery Sales, Inc. v. Yama Seiki USA, Inc., No. 18-3484 (October 28, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Business & Securities Law discussion group is available to section members via the Business & Securities Law community in ISBA Central
- The Business & Securities Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.