ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to monitor developments in legal fields that have particular application to all forms of business, charitable and professional entities, including the related fields of securities and commodities law; and
- to inform the membership through appropriate means;
- to review and research applicable laws and propose needed changes;
- to review and comment on proposed legislation and regulations in these fields;
- to assist in the improvement of legal practices in these areas; and
- to contribute to the improvement of the legal climate in Illinois for business, charitable and professional entities.
- What ‘accredited investor’ or other investor definitions apply in exempt offerings rules?
- Drafting tips for private security guard company contracts to protect property managers from third-party liability by limiting their ‘duties’
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilSecurities | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Alonzo v. Weiss, Nos. 18-1740 & 18-1791 Cons. (August 6, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilInjunction | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Auto Driveaway Franchise Systems, LLC v. Auto Driveaway Richmond LLC, No. 18-3402 (June 28, 2019) Affirmed and remanded
Tools and Resources
- Business & Securities Law discussion group is available to section members via the Business & Securities Law community in ISBA Central
- The Business & Securities Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.