Business and Securities Law
- to monitor developments in legal fields that have particular application to all forms of business, charitable and professional entities, including the related fields of securities and commodities law; and
- to inform the membership through appropriate means;
- to review and research applicable laws and propose needed changes;
- to review and comment on proposed legislation and regulations in these fields;
- to assist in the improvement of legal practices in these areas; and
- to contribute to the improvement of the legal climate in Illinois for business, charitable and professional entities.
Current Newsletter — December 2016
- Beware of expired contracts
- No reliance required: Clarification on elements of Section 12(H) claim under Illinois Securities laws
- How much is a whistleblower waiver really worth?
The Nuts and Bolts of Drafting Non-Dislosure Agreements: Tips for the Practicing Lawyer
January 18, 2017 – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- Business and Securities Law Section Directory
- The Business and Securities Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.