Corporate Law Departments
- to inform attorneys of current developments in corporate law and corporate law department practice, procedure, function, organization and operation in the State of Illinois; and
- to provide an opportunity to exchange views on those areas of particular interest to corporate practitioners.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- President Trump issues updated immigration order
- Reminder: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ new digital form I-9 has taken effect
- USCIS to suspend premium processing service beginning April 3
Recent Related Cases
7th CircuitFair Debt Collections Practices Act
Aker v. Americollect, Inc.
1st Source Bank v. Neto
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Pantoja v. Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
Netzer v. Office of Lawyer Registration
Cafferty, Clobes, Meriweather & Sprengel, LLP v. XO Communications Services, LLC
The First Hundred Days and Beyond: Labor & Employment Law Developments Under President Trump
May 3, 2017 – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- The Corporate Law Departments discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links