ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to work for a system of criminal justice that fairly protects the accused, the accuser, and the public in general;
- to seek or oppose change, as considered appropriate, by legislative activity, recommendations on court rules and recommendations to agencies; and
- to educate and inform lawyers and the general public through newsletters, seminars and other appropriate channels of communication.
- Case Note: People v. Drake
- Case Note: People v. Encalado
- The Smell of Cannabis & Legalization: What Is Probable Cause to Justify a Search?
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalSentencing | S.D. Ill.
U.S. v. Robinson, No. 18-2295 (November 8, 2019) Vacated and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalSentencing | C.D. Ill.
U.S. v. Shoffner, No. 18-3448 (November 8, 2019) Vacated and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalIneffective Assistance of Counsel | S.D. Ind., Indianapolis Div.
Kimbrough v. Neal, Nos. 18-3145 & 18-3153 Cons (October 24, 2019) Reversed
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalRecusal | C.D. Ill.
U.S. v. Atwood, No. 18-2113 (October 24, 2019) Vacated and remanded
Illinois Appellate Court / CriminalSearch and Seizure | 4th Dist.
People v. Turman, 4-17-0815 (October 23, 2019) Champaign (Knecht) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Criminal Justice discussion group is available to section members via the Criminal Justice community in ISBA Central
- The Criminal Justice Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links