ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to work for a system of criminal justice that fairly protects the accused, the accuser, and the public in general;
- to seek or oppose change, as considered appropriate, by legislative activity, recommendations on court rules and recommendations to agencies; and
- to educate and inform lawyers and the general public through newsletters, seminars and other appropriate channels of communication.
- Criminal law practitioners beware: That supposed ‘non-conviction’ of supervision may count as a conviction under the federal sentencing guidelines
- Bail reform—one year later
- An overview of mental health court
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalExpert Witness | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
U.S. v. Truitt, No. 18-2324 (September 12, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalSupervised Release | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
U.S. v. Greco, No. 18-3496 (September 12, 2019) Affirmed and vacated in part and remanded
Illinois Appellate Court / CriminalPostconviction Petitions | 3d Dist.
People v. Todd, 2019 IL App (3d) 170153 (September 9, 2019) Whiteside Co. (SCHMIDT) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CriminalWeapons | 1st Dist.
People v. Salgado, 2019 IL App (1st) 171377 (September 9, 2019) Cook Co., 1st Div, (GRIFFIN) Affirmed.
Federal 7th Circuit / CriminalSentencing | W.D. Wisc.
Chazen v. Marske, No. 18-3268 (September 9, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Criminal Justice discussion group is available to section members via the Criminal Justice community in ISBA Central
- The Criminal Justice Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links