The mission of ISBA Employee Benefits Section is to study, educate the profession, comment on legislation and regulation and perform other appropriate activities assigned to it by the Association with respect to the following as they relate to the compensation (current or deferred, direct or fringe benefit) of persons for employment type services:
- Rights between employers and employees;
- Rights between contractors;
- Tax and estate planning;
- Reporting and disclosure;
- Benefit administration;
- Investments and fiduciary duties;
- Age and sex discrimination; and
- Other appropriate and related matters.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Successor employer creates and then inherits predecessor’s pension withdrawal liability
- Final rule on health plan nondiscrimination
- Plan audit checklist
- Health care quality: HHS should set priorities and comprehensively plan its efforts to better align health quality measures
- Court permits fraud claim against hospital based on PPO agreement
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Supreme Court
The Village of Bartonville v. Lopez
7th CircuitSocial Security
Bird v. Barryhill
Casey v. Berryhill
Family and Medical Leave Act
Wink v. Miller Compressing Co.
Geiger v. Aetna Life Ins. Co.
Childress v. Colvin
4th Annual Elder Law Bootcamp: Basics and Beyond
April 27–28, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- Employee Benefits Section Directory
- The Employee Benefits discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Employee Benefits LinkedIn page
- Useful links