ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
The mission of ISBA Employee Benefits Section is to study, educate the profession, comment on legislation and regulation and perform other appropriate activities assigned to it by the Association with respect to the following as they relate to the compensation (current or deferred, direct or fringe benefit) of persons for employment type services:
- Rights between employers and employees;
- Rights between contractors;
- Tax and estate planning;
- Reporting and disclosure;
- Benefit administration;
- Investments and fiduciary duties;
- Age and sex discrimination; and
- Other appropriate and related matters.
- Seventh Circuit Finds Substantial Compliance Doctrine Does Not Apply to Missed Appeal Deadline
- Naming Retirement Account Beneficiaries: A Potential Legal Minefield
- Equitable Remedies of Back Pay, Front Pay, and Other Make Whole Relief for ERISA Violations
- Multiple Employer Retirement Plans: Saving the Barrel from the One Bad Apple
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilERISA | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Bauwens v. Revcon Technology Group, Inc., No. 18-3306 (August 13, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Employee Benefits discussion group is available to section members via the Employee Benefits community in ISBA Central
- The Employee Benefits Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links