ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
The mission of ISBA Employee Benefits Section is to study, educate the profession, comment on legislation and regulation and perform other appropriate activities assigned to it by the Association with respect to the following as they relate to the compensation (current or deferred, direct or fringe benefit) of persons for employment type services:
- Rights between employers and employees;
- Rights between contractors;
- Tax and estate planning;
- Reporting and disclosure;
- Benefit administration;
- Investments and fiduciary duties;
- Age and sex discrimination; and
- Other appropriate and related matters.
- Arbitration Award in ERISA Dispute Vacated
- Final Regulations Ease Hardship Distribution Requirements
- State Retirement Plans and Accelerated Annual Increase Buyout
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFamily and Medical Leave Act | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Valdivia v. Township High School Dist. 214, No. 19-1410 (November 12, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilERISA | E.D. Wisc.
Electrical Construction Industry Prefunding Credit Reimbursement Program v. Veterans Electric, LLC, Nos. 18-3703 & 19-1051 Cons (October 24, 2019) Reversed and remanded
Tools and Resources
- Employee Benefits discussion group is available to section members via the Employee Benefits community in ISBA Central
- The Employee Benefits Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links