ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to inform and advise the members of the bar on current developments in public utilities and transportation law;
- to monitor and comment upon state and federal legislation and regulations affecting public utilities and transportation law;
- to propose remedial legislation in areas of perceived need;
- to encourage formal legal education in public utilities and transportation law;
- to promote continuing legal education through publications, conferences and seminars; and
- to provide a forum for consideration of any comment upon current issues in the field of public utilities and transportation law.
- Recent legislation impacting Illinois solar developments
- NextGrid: Illinois’ utility of the future study
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilContracts | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Sevugan v. Direct Energy Services, LLC, No. 18-3082 (July 26, 2019) Affirmed
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilEminent Domain | 3d Dist.
BNSF Railway Co. v. Grohne, 2019 IL App (3d) 180063 (July 3, 2019) Will Co. (SCHMIDT) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilPublic Utilities Act | 1st Dist.
GlidePath Development LLC v. Illinois Commerce Commission, 2019 IL App (1st) 180893 (June 28, 2019) Cook Co., 4th Div, (REYES) Appeal dismissed.
Tools and Resources.
- Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications & Transportation discussion group is available to section members via the Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications & Transportation community in ISBA Central
- The Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications & Transportation Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links