Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications, and Transportation
- to inform and advise the members of the bar on current developments in public utilities and transportation law;
- to monitor and comment upon state and federal legislation and regulations affecting public utilities and transportation law;
- to propose remedial legislation in areas of perceived need;
- to encourage formal legal education in public utilities and transportation law;
- to promote continuing legal education through publications, conferences and seminars; and
- to provide a forum for consideration of any comment upon current issues in the field of public utilities and transportation law.
Current Newsletter — June 2015
- Chicago District Court finds fraudulent inducement claim against broker preempted by 49 U.S.C § 14501(c)
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Supreme Court
Public Utilities Act
Zahn v. North American Power & Gas, LLC
Illinois Appellate Court
Enbridge Energy, LLC v. Kuerth
Benton County Wind Farm LLC v. Duke Energy Indiana, Inc.
Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn., Inc. v. U.S. Dept. of Transportation
Tools and Resources.
- Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications, and Transportation Section Directory
- The Energy, Utilities, Telecommunications and Transportation Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links