It is the mission of the ISBA Environmental Law Section
- to promote networking and communication between environmental lawyers in Illinois;
- to encourage dialogue on environmental law topics arising in the practice of environmental law in Illinois; and
- to educate non-environmental lawyers and members of the public on environmental law matters affecting their work, their clients and their lives.
Email the Section Council your suggestions, ideas, articles, and events.
Professional Development Lunch - Lead in Water, Whose Problem is It?
October 25, 2016
ISBA Chicago Office
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Summary of the Clean Water Rule (CWR): Definition of “Waters of the United States”
- Industrial Growth Zones Program established through collaborative efforts of the City of Chicago and Cook County
- Senate Bill 1673: The General Assembly’s attempt to cut and paste federal “water quality standards variance” provisions into Illinois law
16th Annual Environmental Law Conference
May 4–5, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- Environmental Law Section Directory
- The Environmental Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Section LinkedIn page
- Useful links
- Illinois State Bar Association Model Environmental Policy