ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
It is the mission of the ISBA Environmental Law Section
- to promote networking and communication between environmental lawyers in Illinois;
- to encourage dialogue on environmental law topics arising in the practice of environmental law in Illinois; and
- to educate non-environmental lawyers and members of the public on environmental law matters affecting their work, their clients and their lives.
Email the Section Council your suggestions, ideas, articles, and events.
- In America, we make things—that is what we do: How PFAS became the acronym du jour
- How to become a food lawyer: A smörgåsbord of tips from a seasoned practitioner
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilComprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act | S.D. Ind., Indianapolis Div.
Refined Metals Corp. v. N.L. Industries, Inc., No. 18-3235 (August 22, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilEnvironmental Law | N.D. Ind., Ft. Wayne Div.
Valbruna Slater Steel Corp. v. Joslyn Manufacturing Co., Nos. 18-2633 & 18-2738 Cons. (August 8, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Environmental Law discussion group is available to section members via the Environmental Law community in ISBA Central
- The Environmental Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Illinois State Bar Association Model Environmental Policy