It is the mission of the ISBA Environmental Law Section
- to promote networking and communication between environmental lawyers in Illinois;
- to encourage dialogue on environmental law topics arising in the practice of environmental law in Illinois; and
- to educate non-environmental lawyers and members of the public on environmental law matters affecting their work, their clients and their lives.
Email the Section Council your suggestions, ideas, articles, and events.
Current Newsletter — May 2017
- A look at National Waste and Recycling Association v. County of Cook: How much authority does a local government have over environmental issues
- Federal court addresses Clean Water Act jurisdiction
- Key post acquisition obligations for BFPPs
16th Annual Environmental Law Conference
May 4–5, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- The Environmental Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Section LinkedIn page
- Useful links
- Illinois State Bar Association Model Environmental Policy