- to enhance the professional capabilities of Illinois lawyers who devote their time specially to the practice of patent, trademark and copyright law and associated areas concerning trade secrets, unfair competition and antitrust law;
- to disseminate information about these areas of law to other lawyers and to interested business owners, authors and inventors, particularly because the information may affect their practices and the way they conduct their affairs in Illinois and elsewhere;
- to promote improvement in the applicability of the principals of these areas of law, especially through legislative efforts; and
- to facilitate communication among Illinois lawyers concerned with these areas of law.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Ten cybersecurity tips for lawyers
- Top 10 tips on data security: Take two
- Supreme Court potentially slashes design patent value: damages could be limited to individual components
- Repairing disparagement: A slant on language and trademarks
- Intellectual Improbabilities™
Tools and Resources
- Intellectual Property Section Directory
- The Intellectual Property Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
Become a Professional Writer: Industry Tips & Tricks
Video from the program presented on April 23, 2014.