ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the professional capabilities of Illinois lawyers who devote their time specially to the practice of patent, trademark and copyright law and associated areas concerning trade secrets, unfair competition and antitrust law;
- to disseminate information about these areas of law to other lawyers and to interested business owners, authors and inventors, particularly because the information may affect their practices and the way they conduct their affairs in Illinois and elsewhere;
- to promote improvement in the applicability of the principals of these areas of law, especially through legislative efforts; and
- to facilitate communication among Illinois lawyers concerned with these areas of law.
- Important Changes to Copyright and Trademark Law
- Nothing-but-Cheese and the Uncommon Sense of the Reasonable Consumer: Bell et al. v. Publix et al.
- A Seventh Amendment Right to Fair Use Determinations?
- Generic.com Trademarks: USPTO v. Booking.com
- ISBA IP Section Council Patents/Trade Secrets Updates
- A Flurry of Precedential Designations by the POP
- Intellectual Improbabilities™
- Join the Intellectual Property Section Social Events
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Intellectual Property discussion group is available to section members via the Intellectual Property community in ISBA Central
- The Intellectual Property Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links