Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
- Community members: 84
- Total discussion posts: 3
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 9 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 4322 is the first major update of the Residential Real Estate Disclosure Act since its enactment in 1994.
- House Bill 705 creates the Underground Natural Gas Storage Safety Act to provide if there is a verified facility leak, the owner and operator the facility is responsible for specified actions.