ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- To enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who devote their time to the practice of tort law in all its substantive branches both on behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants;
- To disseminate current tort law information, such as proposed legislation and case law to members and explain any impact it may have on members’ tort practices;
- To educate tort practitioners in the substantive branches of tort law through continuing legal education programs Tort Trends publications, and use of its listservs;
- To promote diversity among its membership;
- To encourage mentoring programs in conjunction with the young lawyers division encouraging and offering advise to younger lawyers desiring to investigate the practice of tort law;
- To promote and encourage the professional, civil, and ethical practice of tort law at all times; and
- To promote improvements in the tort system, to protect the rights of tort litigants, and ensure the administration of justice.
(approved by the Section Council on October 15, 2010)
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Tort Law discussion group is available to section members via the Tort Law community in ISBA Central
- The Tort Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.