Illinois Lawyers' Assistance Program Seeks Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
The Illinois Lawyers' Assistance Program (LAP) is seeking a bookkeeper/administrative assistant position.
This part-time position reports to the executive director and provides support to the organization and staff in an effort to advance the organization’s mission of providing assistance to the Illinois legal community in the areas of substance use and mental health impairment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide administrative assistance to the executive director.
- Provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone.
- Provide supportive services from initial client outreach to ongoing client support.
- Maintain high levels of customer service across interactions with clients, staff, board members, and donors.
- Coordinate services with staff and outside vendors as needed.
- Manage monthly and annual administrative tasks such as expense reports, and other financial reports for audit purposes.
- Assist with other duties and projects as needed.
- Provide support in overall administrative operations including answering phone and maintaining front office.
- Answer program questions about the organization. Refer them to other organizations when required. Have knowledge of other organizations. Register attendees for all events, send reminder emails regarding events Assist with the creation of marketing materials & invitations
- Assemble volunteer manuals and other materials as needed.
- Assist in maintaining Volunteer Database and peer support records Assist with social media and website maintenance.
- Assist in the preparation for and staffing of events, such as receptions, dinners, and meetings.
- Assist with Committees.
- Assist with marketing and scheduling outside office hours.
- Outreach support to state organizations regarding writing submissions and marketing.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and production of communication materials for meetings and events.
- Reserve meeting spaces for on-site and off-site meetings and events.
- Coordinate payments for event-related services and create invoices for outstanding payments.
- Monitor continuing education participation and submit reports monthly.
- Answer questions regarding continuing education online classes.
- Provide documentation to attendees.
- Pay bills, make deposits and handle accounts payable in timely and accurate manner.
- Reconcile accounts monthly or assist accountant.
- Assist accountants during annual audit.
- Maintain Paychex documents.
- Maintain invoices, receipts, bank statements.
- Generate thank you letters and receipts for donations.
- Maintain and order supplies for the office.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare materials for Board Meetings.
- Assist Executive Director and other staff as required.
- Make copies, scan documents, send faxes, prepare correspondence, make travel arrangements, data entry.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus prior administrative experience required
- Prior work experience in non-profit, legal, or clinical setting preferred
- Quick Books proficiency desired; Microsoft Office Suite and database proficiency a must; experience with Mail Chimp or similar platform preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to engage professionally with high level legal professionals
- Ability to prioritize and support the progress of multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- High level of initiative
- Attention to detail
- Sense of humor
- Excellent work ethic
Qualified interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application materials should be in MS Word or PDF format only.