Illinois Lawyers' Assistance Program Seeks Project and Event Manager
The Illinois Lawyers' Assistance Program (LAP) is seeking a project and event manager.
- Masters, or JD preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook (mail merges).
- Knowledge of management platforms (Eventbrite, MailChimp).
- Proven track record of project management experience. Able to manage several cross-functional projects from initiation to closing.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines and project goals.
- Detail oriented. Ability to develop out-of-the box solutions for unique challenges the legal industry presents.
- Team player, able to be flexible within role and responsibilities as often required within a small organization.
- Superb oral and written communication skills. Exceptional service orientation.
- Experience/understanding working with legal professionals.
- Personal integrity and strict adherence to confidentiality code & HIPPA standards.
Peer Support Volunteer Program:
- Maintain PSV spreadsheet.
- Coordinate annual PSV Training Program at each site, registration and PSV questionnaire.
- Conduct PSV interviews of potential volunteers.
Continuing Legal Education Program:
- Coordinate, schedule, all CLE requests ; identify staff and volunteers needed for presentations.
- Provide monthly reports to ED on CLE events- track events completed, location, attendance, donation for CLE stipends.
- Manage on line CLE via the LAP website and provide CLE certificates.
Law School Office Hours Program:
- Maintain contact with law schools to schedule office hours.
- Schedule volunteers for law school office hours, maintain office hours supplies, direct contact with volunteers.
- Track number of client seen via office hours.
Event Planning and Execution:
- Create and maintain registration sites and payment sites for events such as Eventbrite, PayPal, and Mail Chimp
- Register attendees for all events.
- Send reminder emails regarding events.
- Assist in the preparation for and staffing of events, such as receptions, dinners, and meetings.
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and production of communication materials for meetings and events.
- Reserve meeting spaces for on-site and off-site meetings and events. Coordinate with on-site coordinator regarding contract, food, assist Legal Liaison/Outreach with IT needs.
- Order awards.
- Coordinate payments for event-related services and create invoices for outstanding payments from vendors and providers attending event.
- Oversee event supply inventory and day of event supply needs.
- Provide support to Legal Liaison/Outreach Contact and maintain relationships with vendors and sponsors for events.
- Provide fundraising support to Director of Development.
Qualified interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Application materials should be in MS Word or PDF format only.