Illinois Air National Guard - Deputy Staff Judge Advocate - Peoria
The Illinois Air National Guard is accepting applications for a Deputy Staff Judge Advocate to be located in Peoria, IL.
a. Professional Qualifications:
• Possess AFSC 51J3 or served as a prior service judge advocate
• Licensed in good standing to practice law in state or territory
• Possess a Secret Security Clearance
• Compliance with all training requirements of AFI 51-101
b. Other Qualifications:
• Intricate Knowledge of Air Force Adverse Administrative Actions
• Experience with the responsibilities associated with military justice and administrative adverse actions
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Must meet the Air Force Fitness Standard with a current passing fitness test
a. This position is a traditional part time open to any Captain or Major eligible to transfer to the Illinois National Guard.
b. This position serves as the Deputy Staff Judge Advocate responsible for assisting the Wing Staff Judge Advocate in performing legal functions of the 182d Airlift Wing and providing legal services within the Illinois Air National Guard.
c. Other responsibilities as directed by the Wing Staff Judge Advocate and the Wing Commander.
- NECESSARY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
Exhibits leadership, initiative/responsibility, teamwork, integrity and trust. Strong emphasis on superior communication skills and independent organizational skills. Advocacy and litigation skills required.
a. Qualified candidates for the Military Defense Counsel position will be selected by the State Staff Judge Advocate-Air (ILANG).
b. This position will be an O-3/O-4 position authorized to the 182d Airlift Wing, Peoria, Illinois. Member will attend Regularly Scheduled Drills and 15 Annual Training days. Telecommute work is authorized and supervised by the State Staff Judge Advocate-Air.
- HOW TO APPLY:
Interested individuals should submit the following documents in one complete PDF file to Colonel Martin Green, State Staff Judge Advocate-Air.
Statement of Qualifications Memorandum
**PDF File Name should be: Last Name, First Initial_Rank (Example: SmithJ_Capt)
***Email Subject should be: Deputy Staff Judge Advocate
Questions may be directed to Colonel Martin Green.
Visit 182nd Airlift Wing website.