About the ISBA Legislative Affairs Department: What we do and who we are.
Illinois Legislative News
The Illinois Legislative Research Unit produces First Reading, an after-session publication summarizing legislative activity.
Statehouse news from Capitol reporter Rich Miller.
Illinois Legislative Research
Illinois Statutes and Legislation
Illinois statutes, public acts, bills, and the Illinois Constitution are online courtesy of the Illinois General Assembly, and the Legislative Information Service offers a free bill-tracking service.
Legislative Research FAQ
Helpful Illinois legislative research pointers from the ISBA.
Researching Illinois Legislative History
Detailed guidance from the
- Illinois Legislative Reference Bureau
- Illinois Supreme Court library
- University of Illinois at Chicago Libraries, Government Documents Department
- University of Illinois College of Law Library
- GODORT Handout Exchange — University of Michigan, Documents Center
- Pritzker Legal Research Center, Northwestern University
- Lovejoy Library, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
How A Bill Becomes A Law In Illinois
(from the Illinois House Democrats).
Federal, Other States Legislation
Tracking Current Federal Legislation and Regulations
Congressional Research Service offers a pdf Guide to Basic Sources.