Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2020–21 bar year.
- Community members: 151
- Total discussion posts: 38
- Community members: 25,879
- Total discussion posts: 958
- Community members: 25,867
- Total discussion posts: 1,739
The Section Council reviewed 44 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 1711 amends the Animal Welfare Act to regulate the sale of animals obtained through puppy mills.
- House Bill 168 amends the Humane Care for Animals Act to prohibit ownership of animals after conviction of certain animal cruelty offenses.
- Senate Bill 1672 requires information by homeowners’ claims for damages caused by pets to be recorded by the Department of Insurance for later study.