Bench and Bar
The mission of the Bench and Bar Section is to forge a spirit of cooperation, collegiality and exchange among state and federal judges and the practicing bar, and to enhance the court system, the administration of justice for the public, and the relationship between judges and lawyers.
Current Newsletter — April 2017
- Broadening our horizons
- Can justice be served online?
- Proportionality in e-discovery: The Illinois appellate court seeks to find the right fit
- What does the Second Amendment really mean?
- A judge’s perspective on sentencing hearings
- Recent appointments and retirements
Tools and Resources
- The Bench and Bar discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Resources for Judicial Candidates
- Courtroom 21 Project
- Report and Recommendations of the ISBA's Special Committee on Judicial Disqualification Standards