Bench and Bar
The mission of the Bench and Bar Section is to forge a spirit of cooperation, collegiality and exchange among state and federal judges and the practicing bar, and to enhance the court system, the administration of justice for the public, and the relationship between judges and lawyers.
Current Newsletter — February 2017
- A few words on why lawyers still admire an Illinois lawyer named Abraham
- Lincoln sites of interest
- A call for caution when limiting the public’s access to criminal courtrooms
- The Supreme Court moves proactively on attorney malpractice insurance and liability issues
- Recent appointments and retirements
Tools and Resources
- Bench and Bar Section Directory
- The Bench and Bar discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Resources for Judicial Candidates
- Courtroom 21 Project
- Report and Recommendations of the ISBA's Special Committee on Judicial Disqualification Standards