Bench and Bar
The mission of the Bench and Bar Section is to forge a spirit of cooperation, collegiality and exchange among state and federal judges and the practicing bar, and to enhance the court system, the administration of justice for the public, and the relationship between judges and lawyers.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Chair’s column: A bias-free profession
- Recent case concerning contempt
- Can a defendant be compelled to submit to a Rule 215 physical or mental examination?
- Recent appointments and retirements
Helping Immigrant Children: Special Immigrant Juveniles
January 25, 2017 – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- Bench and Bar Section Directory
- The Bench and Bar discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Resources for Judicial Candidates
- Courtroom 21 Project
- Report and Recommendations of the ISBA's Special Committee on Judicial Disqualification Standards