Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Live Programs: 3
Bills Reviewed: 68
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
Bench and Bar
- Community members: 374
- Total discussion posts: 2
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 68 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 434 allows for the immediate expungement of records of charges that resulted in acquittal or dismissal with prejudice. Exempts traffic charges.
- House Bill 3850 requires that the defendant’s assessment include a validated clinical assessment in drug court proceedings.
- House Resolution 616 urges the Supreme Court of Illinois to require Article V hearings of the Juvenile Court Act to return to in-person hearings.