ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote professional excellence in the areas of commercial law and practice, banking law and practice and bankruptcy law and practice by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience and available materials relative to commercial, banking and bankruptcy law;
- to provide practical information, monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the practice and through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation;
- to promote excellence in practice through presentation of continuing legal education programs in areas of current interest to the profession.
- Whose law is it?
- Credit card issuing banks have no common law remedies against a retail merchant with a data security breach
- Preview of “Navigating Today’s Muddy Banking Waters”
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilIllinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Benson v. Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc., No. 19-1032 (December 9, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilDamages | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Saccamento v. U.S. Bank National Assn, No. 19-1569 (November 27, 2019) Affirmed and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilBankruptcy | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
In the Matter of Steenes, No. 17-3630 (November 12, 2019) Reversed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFair Debt Collection Practices Act | E.D. Wisc.
Heredia v. Capital Management Services, L.P., No. 19-1296 (November 8, 2019) Vacated and remanded
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilBankruptcy | 3d Dist.
Smith v. Integrated Management Services, LLC, 2019 IL App (3d) 180576 (September 25, 2019) Will Co. (SCHMIDT) Affirmed.
Tools and Resources
- Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy discussion group is available to section members via the Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy community in ISBA Central
- The Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section directory is available to all ISBA members