Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy
- to promote professional excellence in the areas of commercial law and practice, banking law and practice and bankruptcy law and practice by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience and available materials relative to commercial, banking and bankruptcy law;
- to provide practical information, monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the practice and through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation;
- to promote excellence in practice through presentation of continuing legal education programs in areas of current interest to the profession.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Recovering post-judgment attorney fees – A practice pointer for transaction and litigation counsel
- Electronic filing fees may now be taxed as court costs (& more)!
- Is my bank client stuck paying for my fees to enforce a judgment?
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Bullet Express, Inc. v. New Way Logistics, Inc.
Netzer v. Office of Lawyer Registration
Cafferty, Clobes, Meriweather & Sprengel, LLP v. XO Communications Services, LLC
Evergreen Square of Cudahy v. Wisc. Housing and Economic Development Authority
Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
Heng v. Heavner, Beyers & Mihlar
Lardas v. Grcic
Tools and Resources
- Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section Directory
- The Commercial Banking, Collections and Bankruptcy discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.