Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy
- to promote professional excellence in the areas of commercial law and practice, banking law and practice and bankruptcy law and practice by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience and available materials relative to commercial, banking and bankruptcy law;
- to provide practical information, monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the practice and through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation;
- to promote excellence in practice through presentation of continuing legal education programs in areas of current interest to the profession.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Recovering post-judgment attorney fees – A practice pointer for transaction and litigation counsel
- Electronic filing fees may now be taxed as court costs (& more)!
- Is my bank client stuck paying for my fees to enforce a judgment?
Recent Related Cases
7th CircuitFair Debt Collections Practices Act
Aker v. Americollect, Inc.
1st Source Bank v. Neto
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Pantoja v. Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
Netzer v. Office of Lawyer Registration
Cafferty, Clobes, Meriweather & Sprengel, LLP v. XO Communications Services, LLC
Commercial Loans: Documenting For Success and Preparing for Failure
June 8, 2017 – Chicago – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- The Commercial Banking, Collections and Bankruptcy discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.