ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote professional excellence in the areas of commercial law and practice, banking law and practice and bankruptcy law and practice by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience and available materials relative to commercial, banking and bankruptcy law;
- to provide practical information, monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the practice and through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation;
- to promote excellence in practice through presentation of continuing legal education programs in areas of current interest to the profession.
- Whose law is it?
- Credit card issuing banks have no common law remedies against a retail merchant with a data security breach
- Preview of “Navigating Today’s Muddy Banking Waters”
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilBankruptcy | 3d Dist.
Smith v. Integrated Management Services, LLC, 2019 IL App (3d) 180576 (September 25, 2019) Will Co. (SCHMIDT) Affirmed.
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilBankruptcy | C.D. Ill.
In re: 180 Equipment, LLC, No. 18-3291 (September 11, 2019) Reversed and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilContract | N.D. Ill., W. Div.
Driveline Systems, LLC v. Artic Cat, Inc., No. 18-1424 (August 24, 2019) Vacated and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFederal Trade Commission Act | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Federal Trade Commission v. Credit Bureau Center, LLC, Nos. 18-2847 & 18-3310 Cons. (August 21, 2019) Affirmed and vacated in part
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilBankruptcy | N.D. Ind., Hammond Div.
In re: Sterling, No. 18-2773 (August 13, 2019) Affirmed and reversed in part and remanded
Tools and Resources
- Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy discussion group is available to section members via the Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy community in ISBA Central
- The Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section directory is available to all ISBA members