ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to promote professional excellence in the areas of commercial law and practice, banking law and practice and bankruptcy law and practice by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience and available materials relative to commercial, banking and bankruptcy law;
- to provide practical information, monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the practice and through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation;
- to promote excellence in practice through presentation of continuing legal education programs in areas of current interest to the profession.
- Whose law is it?
- Credit card issuing banks have no common law remedies against a retail merchant with a data security breach
- Preview of “Navigating Today’s Muddy Banking Waters”
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilBankruptcy | S.D. Ind., Indianapolis Div.
In re: hhgregg, Inc., No. 18-3363 (February 11, 2020) Affirmed
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilForum Non Conveniens | 2d Dist.
18 Rabbits, Inc. v. Hearthside Food Solutions, LLC, 2020 IL App (2d) 190574 (February 3, 2020) Du Page Co. (JORGENSEN) Affirmed.
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFair Debt Collections Practices Act | S.D. Ind., New Albany Div.
Dennis v. Niagara Credit Solutions, Inc., No. 19-1654 (December 30, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilBankruptcy | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
In the Matter of Burciaga, No. 19-2246 (December 13, 2019) Reversed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilIllinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Benson v. Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc., No. 19-1032 (December 9, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy discussion group is available to section members via the Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy community in ISBA Central
- The Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section directory is available to all ISBA members