Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy
- to promote professional excellence in the areas of commercial law and practice, banking law and practice and bankruptcy law and practice by providing a forum for the interchange of information, experience and available materials relative to commercial, banking and bankruptcy law;
- to provide practical information, monitor fields of interest and anticipate problems for the profession through the practice and through the review of proposed new legislation and amendments to existing legislation;
- to promote excellence in practice through presentation of continuing legal education programs in areas of current interest to the profession.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Recovering post-judgment attorney fees – A practice pointer for transaction and litigation counsel
- Electronic filing fees may now be taxed as court costs (& more)!
- Is my bank client stuck paying for my fees to enforce a judgment?
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Bullet Express, Inc. v. New Way Logistics, Inc.
Evergreen Square of Cudahy v. Wisc. Housing and Economic Development Authority
Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
Heng v. Heavner, Beyers & Mihlar
Lardas v. Grcic
In re: Kempff
Bank Holding Company Act
McGarry & McGarry, LLC v. Rabobank, N.A.
Tools and Resources
- Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy Section Directory
- The Commercial Banking, Collections and Bankruptcy discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.