Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Live Programs: 4
Bills Reviewed: 55
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
Commercial Banking, Collections, and Bankruptcy
- Community members: 705
- Total discussion posts: 87
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 55 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 3205 creates the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act.
- Senate Bill 3886 amends the Illinois Banking Act to provide the bank may furnish financial information to the lawful representative of the estate of a customer.
- Senate Bill 3934 amends the Collection Agency Act to prohibit a collection agency from communicating with a debtor in specified circumstances.