- to encourage and support a high level of professional and ethical commitment and expertise among those who practice family law in all its substantive branches;
- to remain sensitive to the changing needs and mores of families and individual family members in our society; and
- to respond, through reasoned efforts directed toward the appropriate branch of government, and bar and/or the public;
- to accomplish understanding of the law as it exists and is applied, or change of that law, where it is needed.
Current Newsletter — December 2016
- Chair’s column: Is it midyear already?
- Editor’s note
- To disgorge or not to disgorge?
- Location, location, location: All you really need to know about disgorgement of fees
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Orders of Protection
Lynn v. Brown
Dissolution of Marriage
In re Marriage of Allen
In re Marriage of Kane
In re Marriage of Armstrong
In re Parentage of I.I.
7th CircuitHague Convention
Hernandez v. Cardoso
Family Law Table Clinic Series - Session 3
January 26, 2017 – Chicago
Family Law Update 2017: A French Quarter Festival
March 9–10, 2017 – New Orleans
Tools and Resources
- Family Law Section Directory
- The Family Law discussion group is available to members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Child Support Interest Calculator
- Useful links