- to encourage and support a high level of professional and ethical commitment and expertise among those who practice family law in all its substantive branches;
- to remain sensitive to the changing needs and mores of families and individual family members in our society; and
- to respond, through reasoned efforts directed toward the appropriate branch of government, and bar and/or the public;
- to accomplish understanding of the law as it exists and is applied, or change of that law, where it is needed.
Current Newsletter — February 2017
- Chair’s column: The conundrum of client relations in family law
- Guiding clients through the battle: Answering questions that keep divorcing couples up at night
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
In re Marriage of Doughtery
In re Marriage of Wendy L. D.
In re Marriage of Goesel
In re Parentage of A.H.
Orders of Protection
Lynn v. Brown
7th CircuitHague Convention
Hernandez v. Cardoso
Family Law Table Clinic Series - Session 4
March 2, 2017 – Chicago
Family Law Update 2017: A French Quarter Festival
March 9–10, 2017 – New Orleans
Tools and Resources
- Family Law Section Directory
- The Family Law discussion group is available to members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Child Support Interest Calculator
- Useful links