- to encourage and support a high level of professional and ethical commitment and expertise among those who practice family law in all its substantive branches;
- to remain sensitive to the changing needs and mores of families and individual family members in our society; and
- to respond, through reasoned efforts directed toward the appropriate branch of government, and bar and/or the public;
- to accomplish understanding of the law as it exists and is applied, or change of that law, where it is needed.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Chair’s column: Pride in section accomplishments
- What needs to be in a good order of protection petition?
- Motions in non-jury cases for judgment at the close of the plaintiff’s evidence
- Summary of Senate Bill 69— The technical corrections to the income share child support legislation
- Domestic Relations Division consolidation
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Supreme Court
In re Marriage of Heroy
Illinois Appellate Court
In re Marriage of Doughtery
People v. Washington
In re Marriage of Wendy L. D.
In re Marriage of Goesel
In re Parentage of A.H.
Tools and Resources
- Family Law Section Directory
- The Family Law discussion group is available to members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Child Support Interest Calculator
- Useful links