The Human and Civil Rights Section’s mission is to educate the people of Illinois about their human and civil rights and the rights of others; inform the people of Illinois about the impact on such rights by existing or proposed laws, and the policies and actions of governments or other actors; assist the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) membership in understanding and protecting the human and civil rights of their clients; encourage solidarity between the Illinois bar and all members of the national and international legal profession as a means of strengthening human and civil rights and the rule of law; advise the ISBA on issues related to human and civil rights; and to promote the legal recognition and protection of human and civil rights.
Tools and Resources
- Human Rights discussion group is available to section members via the Human and Civil Rights community in ISBA Central
- The Human and Civil Rights Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- The Elmer Gertz Human & Civil Rights Award recognizes long-standing, continuing and exceptional commitment by an individual or an organization to the protection or advancement of Human Rights.
- Useful links
Quick Takes for Your Practice: COVID-19 Series
Quick Takes for Your Practice
- The top 10 ways to win an unemployment compensation hearing
- Should Your Client Sign That Severance Agreement?