- educates the people of Illinois about their human rights and the human rights of others;
- informs the people of Illinois about the impact on such rights by existing or proposed laws, and the policies and actions of governments or other actors;
- assists the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) membership in understanding and protecting the human rights of their clients;
- encourages solidarity between the Illinois bar and all members of the national and international legal profession as a means of strengthening human rights and the rule of law;
- advises the ISBA on issues related to human rights; and
- promotes the legal recognition and protection of human rights.
Current Newsletter — April 2017
- Justice delayed is justice denied
- Punishing poverty: Part II
- Did your mother ever tell you to wear clean underwear because… ?
- Illinois Commission on Human Rights to be consolidated into the Illinois Department of Human Rights
Litigating Your First Illinois Human Rights Act Discrimination Case From A-Z
May 23, 2017 – Online Course
Transgender Students: Law and Practice
May 24, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- The Human Rights discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.