Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
International and Immigration Law
- Community members: 403
- Total discussion posts: 11
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 21 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 5004 amends various acts to make changes concerning references to noncitizen individuals.
- Senate Bill 3144 creates the Right to Counsel in Immigration Proceedings Act.