The mission of ISBA International and Immigration Law Section
- to improve the knowledge and skill of Illinois attorneys in the fields of international business law and immigration law and to inform the general public about these growing areas;
- to raise the awareness of section members about the legal and political issues of international law, both public and private;
- to raise the consciousness of Illinois lawyers representing the foreign born in general legal matters;
- to publish newsletters and sponsor seminars and conferences in furtherance of these goals.
Statement Regarding Ukraine
Lawyers, more so than other professionals, have a duty to support and defend the rule of law. With that duty comes the responsibility to identify actions and or persons who threaten to violate and or violate the rule of law, regardless of locale.
Pro Bono Opportunity
The ISBA International and Immigration Law Section Council is seeking volunteers to review humanitarian parole applications for war-displaced Ukrainians.
Training for Pro Bono Assistance to Review Ukrainian Humanitarian Parole - View the recording of the August 10 training session and resource documents
- Editor’s Comments
- From the Chair
- Dissection of Mexican Drug Cartels: Major Source of Illicit Drugs Sold by Chicago Street Gangs
- Can I Tell You About Another New Member of ISBA’s International & Immigration Law Section Council?
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- International & Immigration Law discussion group is available to section members via the International & Immigration Law community in ISBA Central
- The International & Immigration Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links