ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to inform section members and the public of important developments in labor law through meetings, newsletters, public appearances, news releases, etc.;
- to review and comment on proposed legislation and regulations in the labor law field;
- to foster opportunity for informal contacts between attorneys representing labor and management to promote increased candor and less contentious relationships between them and their clients; and
- to foster improvement in the efficient and equitable administration of federal and state labor legislation.
- RATS! The Continuing Adventures of Scabby the Rat
- Seventh Circuit Rules in Favor of Employer and Holds That Courts Can Split a Hostile Work Environment Claim
- Nondisparagement Policy May Violate the National Labor Relations Act
- Employee’s Unusual Behavior May Alert Employer to Possible Disability
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFamily Medical Leave Act | N.D. Ind., S. Bend Div.
Lutes v. United Trailers, Inc., No. 19-1579 (February 13, 2020) Affirmed and remanded in part
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilRetaliation | E.D. Wisc.
Robertson v. State of Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services, No. 19-1179 (February 7, 2020) Affirmed
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilAmericans with Disabilities Act | 1st Dist.
Fox v. Adams & Associates, Inc., 2020 IL App (1st) 182470 (February 6, 2020) Cook Co., 4th Div. (LAMPKIN) Affirmed.
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFair Labor Standards Act | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Bigger v. Facebook, Inc., No. 19-1944 (January 24, 2020) Affirmed and vacated in part and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilLabor Law | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Taha v. International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 781, No. 19-1085 (January 13, 2020) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Labor & Employment Law discussion group is available to section members via the Labor & Employment Law community in ISBA Central
- The Labor & Employment Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
Practice Pointers from a Human Rights Commission Judge