Labor and Employment Law
- to inform section members and the public of important developments in labor law through meetings, newsletters, public appearances, news releases, etc.;
- to review and comment on proposed legislation and regulations in the labor law field;
- to foster opportunity for informal contacts between attorneys representing labor and management to promote increased candor and less contentious relationships between them and their clients; and
- to foster improvement in the efficient and equitable administration of federal and state labor legislation.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Court affirms that ‘disability harassment’ constitutes unlawful discrimination: A confirmation that certain truths are self-evident
- Court parses Human Rights Act jury instructions
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Pisani v. City of Springfield
Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act
Gilmore v. Carey
7th CircuitRes Judicata
Janus v. American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Council 31
Burton v. Bd. of Regents of the Univ. of Wisconsin System
Burford v. Accounting Practice Sales, Inc.
Hill v. Service Employees International Union et al.
McGreal v. The Village of Orland Park
4th Annual Elder Law Bootcamp: Basics and Beyond
April 27–28, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- Labor and Employment Law Section Directory
- The Labor and Employment Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
Practice Pointers from a Human Rights Commission Judge