Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Members of Criminal Justice section and Traffic Laws and Courts section also get access to the Criminal - DUI - Traffic community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
Traffic Laws and Courts
- Community members: 489
- Total discussion posts: 44
Criminal - DUI - Traffic
- Community members: 2,218
- Total discussion posts: 1,705
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 54 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- Senate Bill 3007 adds violations of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act to the list of reasons for a driver’s license to be revoked.
- House Bill 260 amends the Illinois Vehicle Code to provide that the Secretary of State must conduct a study on the feasibility of allowing the use of digital electronic license plates on passenger and commercial vehicles registered in the State.
- Senate Bill 3096 provides that a person may drive a motor vehicle if in possession of a digitized driver’s license. Defines “digitized driver's license.”