Follow these tips to make your video more professional. You may also download these tips as a PDF.
Tips for Shooting Better Video
- Choose a setting that feels authentic to establish credibility and where everything visible on camera serves a purpose.
- Position yourself near but not in front of a window for more flattering light.Maintain enough distance from walls to avoid ugly shadows.
- Center yourself on camera.
- Maintain eye contact with the camera to be more engaging.
- Position the camera at eye level or slightly above to slim the face.
- Find a location without echo or background noise for the best audio quality.
- Bring your enthusiasm up a notch to engage viewers because the camera absorbs energy.
Tips for Your Attire
- Keep it clean and simple – clothing and accessories should not distract from the speaker.
- Avoid tight repetitive patterns like high contrast pinstripes, herringbone, houndstooth, and fine checks.
- Avoid silks, satins, and shiny fabrics.
- Wear solid colors; they look best on camera.
- Avoid wearing all black, all white, or all red.
- Your clothes should be fitted and follow the contours of your body.
- Avoid any accessories that could make noise or distract.
- Add a pop of color with a necktie, pocket square or scarf.