ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to inform all lawyers practicing in the areas impacting children including but not limited to juvenile justice and child protection law, adoption, education, guardianship, family law of the current and significant developments in those areas;
- to review, monitor and propose legislation in all legal areas impacting children;
- to enhance the professional skills of lawyers who practice in these areas through continuing legal education programs and publications; and
- to provide a forum for all entities, lawyers and other interested parties to work for the refinement and improvement of laws and systems impacting children.
- A Note From the Editor
- ISBA Child Law Section Council to Present Child Representative/GAL Continuing Legal Education Program
- Preserving Immunity for GALs in Juvenile Abuse Cases
- Two New Bills Affecting Immigrant Children Signed Into Law
- Child Inclusive Mediation
- How Applicable Is the Decision of In re Marriage of Salvatore? Only Time and Future Appeals Will Tell
- An Overview of the Illinois’ Gestational Surrogacy Act
- A Conversation With Mari Christopherson, Executive Director of Illinois CASA
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilTermination of Parental Rights | 1st Dist.
In re Grace C., 2019 IL App (1st) 190875 (October 15, 2019) 1st Div., Cook Co. (GRIFFIN) Affirmed.
- A guide to the Juvenile Delinquency Court in Illinois for Juveniles and Their Parents
- Una Guía sobre la Corte de Menores en Illinois para los Menores y sus Padres
- Request printed copies of these guides
Tools and Resources
- Child Law discussion group is available to section members via the Child Law community in ISBA Central
- The Child Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Additional Juvenile Justice Resources available at jjustice.org