ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to inform all lawyers practicing in the areas impacting children including but not limited to juvenile justice and child protection law, adoption, education, guardianship, family law of the current and significant developments in those areas;
- to review, monitor and propose legislation in all legal areas impacting children;
- to enhance the professional skills of lawyers who practice in these areas through continuing legal education programs and publications; and
- to provide a forum for all entities, lawyers and other interested parties to work for the refinement and improvement of laws and systems impacting children.
- On Racial Justice & Human Rights for Children in the Juvenile Justice System
- Illinois Ranks Low on Provision of Human Rights for Kids
- Transformation in Illinois’ Department of Juvenile Justice
- Expanding Restorative Justice Community Courts in Cook County
- Making Juvenile Justice ‘Just’
- What Can I Do?
- Human Rights & Racial Justice Materials
Recent Related Cases
- A guide to the Juvenile Delinquency Court in Illinois for Juveniles and Their Parents
- Una Guía sobre la Corte de Menores en Illinois para los Menores y sus Padres
- Request printed copies of these guides
Tools and Resources
- Child Law discussion group is available to section members via the Child Law community in ISBA Central
- The Child Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Illinois Juvenile Court Act
- Useful links
- Resources for Attorneys and Judges in Juvenile Court
- Additional Juvenile Justice Resources available at jjustice.org