ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to inform all lawyers practicing in the areas impacting children including but not limited to juvenile justice and child protection law, adoption, education, guardianship, family law of the current and significant developments in those areas;
- to review, monitor and propose legislation in all legal areas impacting children;
- to enhance the professional skills of lawyers who practice in these areas through continuing legal education programs and publications; and
- to provide a forum for all entities, lawyers and other interested parties to work for the refinement and improvement of laws and systems impacting children.
- A Note From the Editor
- 120 Years Later: The Juvenile Court in Illinois
- An Overview of the Guardian Ad Litem Training Presented by the ISBA Child Law Section Council
- Whose Interest Is It, Anyway? A Case Note on In re J.C.
- A Case Note on Arika M. v. Christopher M.
- A Case Note on In re Marriage of Elliott
- Shifting Perspective: Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Trauma
- Spotlight on Child Law Section Counsel Chair Marc Bangser
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilTermination of Parental Rights | 1st Dist.
In re M.R., 2020 IL App (1st) 191716 (February 14, 2020) Cook Co., 6th Div. (HARRIS) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilTermination of Parental Rights | 2d Dist.
In re J.M., 2020 IL App (2d) 190806 (February 11, 2020) Winnebago Co. (BURKE) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilJuveniles | 1st Dist.
In re Jaheim W., 2020 IL App (1st) 191748 (February 10, 2020) Cook Co., 1st Div. (GRIFFIN ) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilAbuse and Neglect | 1st Dist.
In re J.S., 2020 IL App (1st) 191119 (January 31, 2020) Cook Co., 4th Div. (REYES) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilJuvenile Sentencing | 3d Dist.
In re J.M.A., 2019 IL App (3d) 190346 (December 31, 2019) Rock Island Co. (SCHMIDT) Affirmed.
- A guide to the Juvenile Delinquency Court in Illinois for Juveniles and Their Parents
- Una Guía sobre la Corte de Menores en Illinois para los Menores y sus Padres
- Request printed copies of these guides
Tools and Resources
- Child Law discussion group is available to section members via the Child Law community in ISBA Central
- The Child Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Additional Juvenile Justice Resources available at jjustice.org