Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
Mental Health Law
- Community members: 208
- Total discussion posts: 39
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 136 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 3850 requires that the defendant’s assessment include a validated clinical assessment in drug court proceedings.
- House Bill 5196 modifies various definitions of developmental disability and intellectual disability in the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code.
- Senate Bill 1970 creates the Access to Basic Mental Health Information Act.