Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2022–23 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2022–23 bar year.
Mental Health Law
- Community members: 196
- Total discussion posts: 26
- Community members: 25,498
- Total discussion posts: 582
- Community members: 25,497
- Total discussion posts: 1,794
The Section Council reviewed 29 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 1364 creates the 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline Workgroup Act.
- Senate Bill 1670 amends the FOIA Act to provide that, for a public body that is a HIPAA-covered entity, “private information"” includes electronic medical records and all information contained within or extracted from an electronic medical records system operated or maintained by the public body in compliance with State and federal medical privacy laws and regulations.
- Senate Bill 724 creates the Interagency Children's Behavioral Health Services Act.