The Diversity Leadership Award recognizes long standing, continuing and exceptional commitment by an individual or an organization to the critical importance of diversity within the Illinois legal community, its judiciary and within the Illinois State Bar Association.
- 2022 - Sandra Blake
- 2021 - Patti Gregory Chang, National Federation of the Blind
- 2020 - Eirene Nakamura Salvi, Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C.
- 2019 - Mario Sullivan, Johnson & Sullivan Ltd
- 2018 - Troy Riddle, The John Marshall Law School
- 2017 - Chief Judge Michael Evans, Illinois Human Rights Commission
- 2016 - Shira D. Truitt, The Truitt Law Firm, LLC
- 2015 - Sonni C. Williams, Deputy Corporation Counsel for the city of Peoria
- 2014 - Annemarie Kill, Avery Camerlingo Kill, LLC
- 2013 - Stacy Campbell-Viamontes, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Chicago
- 2012 - E. Lynn Grayson, Jenner & Block, Chicago
- 2011 - Award not given
- 2010 - Award not given
- 2009 - Hon. George N. Leighton, Retired Judge, U. S. District Court of Northern District of Illinois
The recipient shall have made significant contributions to the advancement of diversity within the Illinois legal community, its judiciary and/or the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA). The recipient may be a lawyer or non-lawyer or an organization of lawyers or a combination of both.
For purposes of this award, “diversity” shall be construed broadly to include race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or any other category of historically disadvantaged individuals.
Consideration will be given to efforts to raise awareness of the importance of diversity to the legal profession; development of or participation in any innovative or meaningful initiatives or programs related to improving diversity within the legal profession; demonstrated commitment to diversity beyond the ISBA; or, exceptional support in advancing a particular diverse affinity group’s interests within the Illinois legal profession.
- Name of Nominee
- Name of nominee’s law firm, company or organization
- Nominee’s contact information, including telephone and email address
- A description of how the nominee has made significant contributions to the advancement of diversity within the Illinois legal community, its judiciary and/or the ISBA.
- Contact information of the nominator. (Only ISBA members can nominate an individual or organization for this award.)
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Nominations are closed, please check back in the fall to nominate someone next year.