The Illinois State Bar Association General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Section Council is seeking nominations for the ISBA Matthew Maloney Tradition of Excellence Award. The award is named in memory of Princeton attorney Matthew Maloney, who was a past chair of the ISBA General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Section Council and is awarded to individual lawyers who are in a general solo or small firm practice. Matt Maloney’s passion, zealous advocacy and personal service to the profession and to the bar of Illinois are what the Tradition of Excellence Award represents.
The nominee must be a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and have been in practice for a minimum of 20 years.
- 2020 - James Reilly
- 2019 - Alice Sackett
- 2018 - Sandra Crawford
- 2017 - Champ Davis
Required Information for Nominations
- Name, firm, address, email, telephone, and bar admission date of nominee
- Describe the nature of the nominee’s practice (attach a resume if available).
- Describe the nominee’s contribution to the bar.
- Describe the nominee’s contribution to continuing legal education.
- Describe the nominee’s contribution of public service to the community.
- A statement of the reasons why nominee should receive this award.
- Contact information of nominator (if different from nominee, include name, address, telephone number and email address).
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Grant at MGrant@isba.org.
Nominations are closed, please check back in the fall to nominate someone next year.