ISBA Excellence in Legal Education Award
The Committee on Legal Education, Admissions and Competence has established "The Excellence on Legal Education Award" designed to annually honor a law school program that emphasizes real world skill for students.
2015 - IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Must be a program, class, clinic or other initiative focused on teaching practical skills as an ABA accredited law school affiliated with the ISBA;
- Must provide students with an opportunity to practice identifiable, practical legal skills, including but not limited to skills related to advocacy, transactional representation, law office management or ethics.
Program exhibits one or more of the following:
- Has provided students with a hands on opportunity to practice; identifiable legal skill(s);
- Significantly advances the cause of access to quality legal representation for individual law-income clients or otherwise advances in the public interest;
- Significantly advances skills training the profession in a positive, educational environment;
- Integrates practical skills with the traditional doctrinal study of law;
- Promotes the efficient use of students' resources;
- Serves as example, though its record of exceptional advocacy, leadership and dedication, of excellence in the practice of law.
To nominate a person or organization for this award, please attach a letter or other supporting documentation that includes the following information:
- Name of Nominator;
- Name of Nominee, Law School & Program;
- Nominee's contact information, including telephone and email address;
- Describe the program, identify the practical skill taught and state why you believe it is noteworthy (you may attach a separate document if desired);
- Contact information of the nominator. (Only ISBA members can nominate an individual or organization for this award).
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Furr at KFurr@isba.org.
Nominations are closed for 2017.