The Roz Kaplan Government Service Award honors government attorneys whose dedication and service have made a difference. The Award recognizes attorneys who, like Roz Kaplan, dedicate their careers to government service.
2023 - Judge Martha-Victoria Jimenez, Associate Judge for Cook County
2022 - Sandra Blake, Kane County Public Defender's Office
2021 - Brian Fliflet, Illinois Department of Revenue
2020 - Sharon Eiseman, Land Acquisition Bureau Chief, Illinois Attorney General’s Office
2019 - Zeophus Williams, Child Support Enforcement Division, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
2018 - Marc Stahl, Cook County Public Defender’s Office
2017- Pat Driscoll, Cook County Dept. of Administrative Hearings
2016 - Alan Spellberg, Cook County State’s Attorney
2015 - Kathryn A. Kelly, United States Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Illinois
The recipient must have at least 20 years of recent, service in the public sector as a full-time employee, not a member of the judiciary, of a Federal, State of Illinois, or Illinois local government agency or office; must be a member of the ISBA; must have provided distinguished service to the profession, the bar association, or government; must be an outstanding leader in his/her field; must have an exemplary record and reputation in the legal community; and must follow the highest ethical standards.
To nominate a person for this award, please email a letter or other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following information:
- Name of nominee;
- Name of nominee's law office or organization;
- Nominee's contact information, including telephone and email address;
- Whether the nominee is a member of the ISBA;
- The length of government service of the nominee;
- A description of how the nominee has made significant contributions to the legal profession, the bar association, or government through dedicated public service, has shown leadership in his/her field, has an exemplary record and reputation in the legal community, and follows the highest ethical standards; and
- Contact information of the nominator.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Deadline for awards submission is March 4, 2024.