The Roz Kaplan Government Service Award honors government attorneys whose dedication and service have made a difference. The Award recognizes attorneys who, like Roz Kaplan, dedicate their careers to government service.
2019 - Zeophus Williams, Child Support Enforcement Division, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
2018 - Marc Stahl, Cook County Public Defender’s Office
2017- Pat Driscoll, Cook County Dept. of Administrative Hearings
2016 - Alan Spellberg, Cook County State’s Attorney
2015 - Kathryn A. Kelly
The recipient must have at least 20 years of recent, service in the public sector as a full-time employee, not a member of the judiciary, of a Federal, State of Illinois, or Illinois local government agency or office; must be a member of the ISBA; must have provided distinguished service to the profession, the bar association, or government; must be an outstanding leader in his/her field; must have an exemplary record and reputation in the legal community; and must follow the highest ethical standards.
To nominate a person for this award, please attach a letter or other supporting documentation that includes the following information:
- Name of nominee;
- Name of nominee's law office or organization;
- Nominee's contact information, including telephone and email address;
- Whether the nominee is a member of the ISBA;
- The length of government service of the nominee;
- A description of how the nominee has made significant contributions to the legal profession, the bar association, or government through dedicated public service, has shown leadership in his/her field, has an exemplary record and reputation in the legal community, and follows the highest ethical standards; and
- Contact information of the nominator.
If you have any questions, please contact Blake Howard.
Nominations must be submitted by March 6th, 2020.